Wednesday 24 December 2014

Kin-Cha-Ku

#KinChaKu Draw string bag pattern by Chase @quarterinchmark 😊I will be making more of these as it's an easy to follow pattern and very cute. #scraptastictuesday
At the last meeting in Exeter of the South West Stitchers I saw Kerry had a beautifully made little draw string bag for all her sewing bits and bobs. It was made by Chase from Quarter Inch Mark who also sells a pattern for the Kin-Cha-Ku in her Etsy shop.
The pattern was well illustrated with lots of photos and very easy to follow. I love the fact it was hand quilted as this adds a lovely texture to the finished bag.My machine is packed away for family Christmas get together today, so back to hand quilting 😊
I'm not sure how it ended up this colour as I started out with the scrap of the little deer and the Heather Ross mermaids. I put one row in upside down, but I left it as it was, as it was meant to be. I quilted it with Coats Dual Duty Hand Quilting thread as it was available from Trago for a reasonable £2.95. Only when I got it home did I find out that it's not cotton, but a polyester blend. It looks ok though.
#KinChaKu the other side. Pattern by @quarterinchmark ✂️   @verykerryberry can you see what I lined it with 😍 Brown, pink scraps and a few other #artgalleryfabric bought from @lilysquilts #scraptastictuesday
I'll certainly be making some more Kin-Cha-Ku, which means draw string bag, in the New Year ...... Merry Christmas to you all .... And see you in 2015 xx



8 comments:

  1. Stitching is so neat! Love that little bag must resist adding more projects to my list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so pretty - I love how, once you start pulling out fabrics, things often go in a completely different direction from originally imagined. Juliex

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely bag ... May just buy the pattern and have a sew day

    ReplyDelete
  4. I almost exclusively use polyester thread :) Looks so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very pretty and many thanks for joining the #scraptastictuesday linkup

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful bag!!! The fabrics you've chosen work so well together. You can never have too many drawstring bags.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute bag!

    I'm running another fabric giveaway, and you are welcome to enter!

    ReplyDelete